Greater Austin Badminton
@ Brushy Creek Community Center
The Team League provides competitive play for all levels, with a focus on encouraging competitive opportunities for women, juniors and singles players.
- Open to Brushy Creek Community Center members only at this time.
- Up to 6 players per team, Minimum 4 players.
- Must include one female OR junior (U15) player.
- Each player can only play for one team.
- Each team plays each other twice during a season (‘home’ and ‘away’)
- Each match will consist of 2 singles games and 3 doubles games. *
- Games played to 31 pts.
- Each player can play 2 games maximum each match. *
- 1 Woman OR Junior must play minimum 1 game.
- 1 player cannot play both singles games.
- Partnerships must be different for each doubles games.
- Forfeited games (e.g. absent player) are awarded 31 – 0.
- Team with best points difference (total points scored minus points conceded) will be League winner.
- Season League winner and runner up will compete an extra ‘cup’ match.
- * Format subject to change dependant on number of teams that sign-up
Begins: Thursday September 14th, 2017
Match nights: Thursdays, 7pm to 9.45pm
All 3 courts will be dedicated to League Matches during this time, NO open play
Season will be 8 to 10 weeks dependent on number of teams
Limited to Maximum 6 Teams
How to register: REGISTRATION CLOSES SEPTEMBER 10TH, 2017
- Form a team of up to 6 players, 4 minimum*
- *Brushy Creek Community Center members only
- *Must include minimum one woman OR junior
- Elect a Team Captain
- Team Captain registers team online:
- bcmud.org > view catalog > browse activities > search for 'badminton'
- $120 per team per season
- Shuttlecocks provided by designated 'Home' team for each match.
- For further information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org